Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Very Quick Update

Hello all,

Ugh, it's been far too long...I fail in general at keeping a blog, it seems. This certainly needs to be more kept up than it is! A very good deal has happened recently, far too much for one post, but I shall try to state as much as I can in the meantime. Life has taken on a distinctly new outlook of late.

Let's see...so much has happened. To begin with, some weeks ago, I resigned from working at CollegePlus! as a Prep Advisor/Accountability Mentor. Essentially, my job of tutoring younger students in areas like Christian Worldviews, Logic, and CLEP studies was about to change...in fact, the entire department changed dramatically into a field that...to be blunt, I was not good at. And I'm afraid my expenses were starting to outweigh my compensation. In short, yes, I applied for coaching, but nothing came of it.

Ach, let's see...after that, obviously I went job searching, and was surprised at what opportunities I had...recently, I feel God has been making it more and more clear that I am gifted to go into the media field...naturally, look at my degree. :P

...I would love nothing more than to write films, or books, or even be a journalist. That is what I'm feeling now. Proclaiming the Word of God, spreading His truth and furthering His kingdom through, ach, any type of media, video, audio, speeches or writing...all of that is where I want to go. I'm going to try my hand at creating an online news hub for church issues...we'll see what happens.

And yep, you guessed it, my shameless plug below! Me and a few buddies put together this site (or rather, re-vamped it from the trash heap for those of you who have seen it before), and I'm hoping it will turn into a news/theological articles place. Check it out and let me know what you think! I'm dead serious about this one. :D

http://www.reborn-humanity.webs.com/

At any rate, between that, novel creating, and trying to be a one-man film crew (deal with it, it's all I've got!), I've just been job searching. Ach, if I get the chance, I'll post up a couple of the places I could go later.

....Man, after writing this, I also have to say...that was the biggest load of 'me, my, I, myself, and me' that I've written in a long time. Garbage. :P For those of you who read through Alex's Talk About Himself moment, congrats, you're pretty brave! :D

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're doing well, Alex. I haven't talked with you in a long time :( .
    God bless you on your job search. You're seeking His will and He will provide for you!
    Blessings,
    Tori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the "me, myself, and I" update! We wouldn't know what was going on with you if you didn't write your Alex's Talk About Himself posts ;-)

    Sounds like you have been most busy! All the best on your job search! May God guide you :-) Maybe we should do some kind of media venture together!

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Template by Blogcrowds